One of the characters in Killjoys is Aaron Ashmore who played Steve in Warehouse 13. That's sort of what got me watching since Warehouse 13 ended. It's worth a watch. Seasons 1 & 2 are still up on On Demand here and first 2 episodes for season 3. For some reason, none of the SyFy shows beyond the first two episodes this season have been put on On Demand yet so I've ended up missing an episode.

I'd never thought about comparing The Librarians to Harry Potter. You're right although I see The Librarians, the series, as pretty lighthearted and more humorous than the original movies were. Noah Wylie's character seems more eccentric in the series than it was in the movies. Sort of like the Batman show of the 70's compared to the Batman movies of today which I find a bit on the dark side. I liked it though and have seen all the episodes thus far.

Wynonna Earp is sort of like Buffy and Angel in a lot of ways. I watched a couple of episodes and lost interest. Of course I'm not into horror type shows and movies which is where the show falls genrewise.

Since I mentioned it, I found Warehouse 13 very entertaining. The series ended a couple of years ago and I haven't seen reruns anywhere so the only way to see it is via download or DVD if you can find it. Loved the main characters.

I never got into Lost although the wife did so I saw bits and pieces of it from time to time. It did remind me some of an old show from the late 60's, early 70's about a bunch of young twenty somethings who crash landed on an island that had been set up for nuclear testing that never happened and had a 50's era ghost town and everything but people. Can't remember the name of the show though but it was a weekly series for a while.

I only saw the first season of Game of Thrones since it plays on a channel we don't have. Another book series spin off that followed the books fairly closely. I'll probably end up getting it on DVD sooner or later.

A similar cable only show that's based on a book series is Outlander based on the Diana Gabaldon book series. Latest is season 3. I've only seen the first two seasons so far but it follows the books fairly closely. I read the books first which aren't the easiest read but still good. Gabaldon has done an excellent job in weaving her story into a solid historical background. Learned a lot of things about Scottish, English and American history during the mid to late 1700's. She's still writing the series too.

HM